Friday, October 12, 2012

Deleting of author's name from article by WASME

Hi all !!

here's sharing with you an example of blatant misuse of my Article titled

"IPRs- the Lifeline of the SME World Today"  by a wellknown organization by the name of WASME  (World association of Small & Medium Enterprises).

I had written the above mentioned article for the magazine "SME World" and it was published in their issue of September 2009.

A few months back, by chance i came to know that this article of mine (after some deletions ) has been put up on the WASME website

http://www.wasmeinfo.org/IPRs.htm

What is ridiculous is the fact that they have removed my name from the piece. What is even more blatant is the fact that when i learnt of this, i wrote to them informing them that if they wish to carry my article, it has to be along with my name, and they have neither responded to the communication even after so many wks nor added my name to my article.

I even called up their office  to talk to the relevant person, but he was away on leave.

Till date, i have not heard from them , ....not even an apology ..leave alone carrying my name with my article. But they are still making use of the article.

What kind of knowledge about IPRs are they trying to give people if they themselves are balatantly infringing on others' Intellectual Property Rights ?
//mg
 

No comments:

Post a Comment